Gå til innhold

Bilmerket Volvo - hva står det for

Gjest Volvo 740

Anbefalte innlegg

Gjest Volvo 740

Jeg lurer på hva Volvo står for og hvem fant på å lage denne bilen (en Svenske var det men hvem????

Håper noen vet noe om Volvo.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fortsetter under...

http://www.firsts.volvo.com/

As sales manager of SKF (the world-famous Swedish ball bearing manufacturer) at the beginning of the 1920s, Assar Gabrielsson was familiar both with the extremely high quality of Swedish steel and the fact that Swedish products were inexpensive to produce.

He also realised that the car was destined to play an increasingly important role in social development and began to entertain thoughts of establishing a factory to build Swedish quality cars.

So it was that in summer 1924, over a meal of Swedish crayfish, Assar Gabrielsson and engineer Gustaf Larson decided to commence production of 'the Swedish car'.

As MD of the new company, Assar Gabrielsson committed all of his own resources to the manufacture of ten prototype vehicles before his former employers, SKF, stepped in to loan vital capital. The Volvo brand was taken over from SKF, which had used the name previously for a range of ball bearings.

Volvo dates its foundation from 14 April 1927, the day that its first series-produced car - an ÖV4 - left the factory in Gothenburg on the Swedish west coast. The company's first truck appeared only a year later in 1928 and was followed shortly by its first bus.

Assar Gabrielsson was a man with an unshakeable faith in Volvo's philosophy, its people and its products. In his 30 years at the helm, he combined business acumen and financial expertise with a daring commitment to products and production resources.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Det er i år 75 år sidan den fyrste Volvoen trilla ut av fabrikken. Det var legendariske ÖV4, eller "Jakob" på folkemunne.

Volvo er eit latinsk ord som tyder "Eg ruller",

Assar Gabrielsson og Gustaf Larson starta eventyret. Gabrielsson var forretningsmann, medan Larson var ingeniør og designer.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Innholdet ditt inneholder uttrykk som vi ikke tillater. Vennligst endre innholdet ditt slik at det ikke lenger inneholder de markerte ordene nedenfor.
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Opprett ny...